“What they’ve taken is your standard rope journalist piece and offered up a super easy to use and adaptable journey through the songs… It’s just really smart and beautiful.”
– Judges remarks on NPR Music’s “Songs We Love” feature
Out of 750+ entries, NPR Visuals was awarded five medals: two Gold and three Silver. NPR was the only organization to win a medal for a portfolio of work. Here is the full rundown of NPR’s honored work:
- Gold Medal for Demolished, a piece about the history of public housing in Chicago
- Gold Medal for a portfolio of work for Danny Debelius
- Silver Medal for Election Party, a visual companion to live radio coverage of Election Night
- Silver Medal for Songs We Love, the NPR Music discovery directory
- Silver Medal for a portfolio of work for NPR Visuals
NPR Now Available on Apple Homepod: "Hey Siri, give me the news"
Let the unboxing begin: After months of anticipation about when people could get their hands on an Apple HomePod, the latest voice assistant speaker is hitting doorsteps and checkout counters today. What’s more: “When you say...
Voice Activation Trends from CES
Voice activation is going everywhere. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this month, tech and media companies showcased the many ways they’re making the voice activation technology found in smart speakers accessible anywhere. Check out some...
Artificial Intelligence Brings New Opportunities to Marketing, Branding and Advertising
In 1983, NPR aired its first mention of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) on The Science Report, a then segment on All Things Considered. Since then, Artificial Intelligence has been the topic of 500+ NPR radio segments, online news...