“What they’ve taken is your standard rope journalist piece and offered up a super easy to use and adaptable journey through the songs… It’s just really smart and beautiful.”
– Judges remarks on NPR Music’s “Songs We Love” feature
Out of 750+ entries, NPR Visuals was awarded five medals: two Gold and three Silver. NPR was the only organization to win a medal for a portfolio of work. Here is the full rundown of NPR’s honored work:
- Gold Medal for Demolished, a piece about the history of public housing in Chicago
- Gold Medal for a portfolio of work for Danny Debelius
- Silver Medal for Election Party, a visual companion to live radio coverage of Election Night
- Silver Medal for Songs We Love, the NPR Music discovery directory
- Silver Medal for a portfolio of work for NPR Visuals
Capturing Attention From the Distracted Mind of The Consumer
All Things Considered Explores Failure & Resilience in Two New Series
Everyone has those pit-in-the-stomach moments. Sometimes, it helps when you can hear from someone who has been there and lived to tell about it. All Things Considered brings those conversations about pivotal, life-changing moments to listeners...
NPR Podcasts Year in Review
Unplug your earbuds for this one: 2016 was the biggest year in podcast listening to date, and as the industry’s leading podcast publisher, NPR was an important driver of that growth. Topping more than 70 million monthly downloads and streams, we’re proud...